Saturday, July 19, 2008

We've had a nice day. Maybe I should say I've had a nice day, because Patrick worked his tail off today. He started early this morning with yard work before 8am! He did a lot of yard stuff, worked in the garage, worked on the deck, went to Lowes, and pulled up the hardwood in our downstairs bathroom. He got 3 toilets at Lowe's, we are going to go ahead and replace all of them, as none of them are in the best shape. This started due to the downstairs toilet leaking and causing some damage to the floor. It has leaked off and on since we've been here. We thought just the hardwood was damaged, but apparently it has also gotten into the subflooring so it may be a bigger job than we'd planned on. Patrick called our homeowner's insurance co. They're coming on Monday to take a look.
Carter was so tired today he took two 2 hour naps. He's still trying to make the move to one nap, which he had been doing this week. I guess since he is still in transition it caught up to him today. We went to the park with Kerry after lunch and walked for a little bit before we decided it was just way too hot. Carter played on the playground for a few minutes and then we came on home. I'd say the heat wore him out, too. I took a nap this afternoon when he did. This heat is crazy!
I did lots of cooking today. We had French toast for breakfast. Then I tried a new recipe for dinner - chicken and summer vegetable tostadas. It was good, but took a lot longer than i thought it would to make. I probably made double what the recipe called for, so we'll have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I'm proud of myself for making something with zucchini as an ingredient because that hardly ever happens. I also made monkey bread tonight. Patrick had never had it. He's a fan now. I don't think I've ever made it before, but thanks to Janette I've eaten it plenty! I shouldn't have made it though, I'm supposed to be on a diet. I'd like to buy a new dress for Jodi's wedding (in Vegas!) and would like to lose weight before I do that. I guess the gym helps with being healthier and not gaining, but it definitely hasn't helped me lose any weight.

3 comments:

jjshirey said...

Yummy - monkey bread! It's a favorite in our house too :)

kim_brough said...

Thank GOD I'm not the only person who doesn't loose weight at the gym!!

Mollie said...

Exercising and not losing weight is a problem I constantly battle. I am glad to know I am not the only one.