We had a great day on Saturday. We took Carter to Evans Orchard. They have a big play place for kids and you can pick apples and pumpkins. They also have a corn maze that we walked through. I was surprised that C actually stayed on the path and walked through, I thought he'd be in the corn and everywhere. Carter and I also rode a camel together. They have pony rides, too, but we decided that would be better for next year when he's a little bigger. We picked out some pumpkins (including some white ones that I didn't even know existed until recently) and also got apple butter and pumpkin butter at the store there. The pumpkin butter is AWESOME! Libby came over for dinner Saturday night. Kerry had made chicken tortilla soup, and we had that with salad and butternut squash. This was my first try at butternut squash. It was good, better mashed up I think. It is better with butter, but I hate to smother my vegetables in butter because I feel like that defeats the purpose of eating veggies in the first place. Anyway, I think I will still try it again. I talked Kerry into helping me decorate the pumpkins and I plan on taking them to Mom and Dad's hayride this weekend. We stenciled some, carved one, and made a vase out of one to add flowers to later. I'm not usually crafty, but they turned out pretty well.
We got haircuts on Friday. Carter was good, and Brenda did a great job on his. It's pretty short and we really like it. He looks older, like a little boy.
Patrick kept C home yesterday morning and Kerry and I went to church since we had to do nursery at the 2nd service. He's been kind of 'snotty' lately and had a little bit of a cough. He has acted like he feels just fine, but we didn't want him to pass anything to the other kids in the nursery. Kerry watched Carter for us yesterday afternoon while we went to Danville for the funeral visitation for Patrick's great uncle. Patrick is gone to the funeral this morning. Remember the Snowdens in your prayers.
Not sure what we're going to get into this afternoon, but we'll have to find something. I need to get one more thing for Carter's costume so we'll probably do that. I bought his costume used on ebay. He's going to be a turtle this year. It is SO cute when he puts it on.
Since I'm trying to keep track of our meals and trying to eat healthier, here's last week's menu:
Monday: Diet Coke Chicken at Mom and Dad's
Tuesday: Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Pizza at Kerry's
Thursday: Crock Pot Taco Soup
Friday: Grilled Pork Chops at Mom and Dad's (after haircuts)
Saturday: Tortilla Soup
Sunday: Turkey Burgers with Homemade Baked Chips (Patrick cooked and these were yummy!)
Carter said "Tickle, Tickle, Tickle" this morning after I said it. So cute. He took his nap early this morning at 10:30. He was pointing upstairs and laying down on the floor, so I went ahead and laid him down. We'll have to get outside this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment