Saturday, May 3, 2008
Birthday Party!
What a great day! Carter's party was lots of fun. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, chips, cake, and ice cream. We had 21 people here today counting us. Carter enjoyed his first hot dog and smashing his cake. He liked the icing but was too busy playing in the mess to really eat much cake. He missed out, Patrick did a great job on the cake. Patrick woke up sick this morning and I was going to do the prep work myself until Mom, Dad, and Kerry got here. Then Patrick came downstairs and said he'd decided he could be sick later this afternoon, but he refused to be sick for our son's first birthday. So he ended up putting the outdoor tent/furniture up in the rain while he was sick. What a good daddy! He started feeling a little better, and I'm so glad, I hated it that he wasn't going to get to enjoy Carter's day. He's not feeling so great tonight, so he'll probably try to rest up tomorrow. I need to go on to bed, too. I couldn't go to sleep last night until after 1am, Patrick was up around 5:30, Carter was up around 6:15(thankfully back down until 7:30), and I got up to get ready at 7am. Busy day, but so worth it. Carter seemed to really enjoy it and it was good to see everybody. Carter ended up playing in the yard while Patrick and I opened his presents. I certainly won't need to buy him any summer clothes, he got plenty today! I'm also thankful he received some new toys. He may not be tired of his old ones, but Mommy is getting a little sick of his toys :) We got him a sandbox and a baby pool. Hopefully we will be able to be outside a lot this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a cutie! I wish we could have been there, but I was definitely thinking about you guys all day long and Corban was wishing he had a buddy to play with.
Post a Comment