Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Bad Day at the Kenney House
Today started off good, because I think Carter did the sign for "eat" this morning. Things went downhill from there. I made him a scrambled egg for breakfast. He had a bite of scrambled eggs a couple of weeks ago on vacation and has had foods with egg in them. Apparently, though, an allergy shows up on the second time you have a particular food (according to the Dr), because Carter is definitely allergic to eggs. He was already breaking out in hives when I got him out of his high chair. Thank goodness Patrick was working from home or I probably would have lost it. We gave him a bath and the hives seemed to go away. I tried to get him to lay down with me in our bed, but he continued to scratch and get more uncomfortable. His face got red and began breaking out again. We took his shirt off and he was red and blotchy all over and had some bumps that looked like bug bites. He just kept scratching, poor little thing. Patrick put him back in the tub while I called the doctor. They had an appt open in 15 minutes so we jumped in the car. Patrick said he hit 75 on Harrodsburg Road. The doctor said it was the eggs and they gave him benadryl. They also cultured his throat since it was red they wanted to make sure he didn't have strep. It was negative but the throat culture made him throw up. That was actually good,though, because he started feeling better after getting rid of the eggs. The doctor seems to think we don't need to go so far as to limit him from food containing eggs, just don't feed him plain eggs. I'm not sure, but I am hoping the dr. is right. It would be hard to cut out all the foods that contain eggs. i feel so bad for him. He did play this afternoon and acted like he felt ok. Poor little guy. Tomorrow is his birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you ALL survived that! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Carter.....happy birthday to you!
I love you, Aunt Pam
Happy Birthday Carter! I hope you have a better day than yesterday!
Post a Comment