Monday, November 30, 2009

We had a great Thanksgiving! We hosted the Kenneys for lunch and then went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Patrick did most of the cooking here at our house and it was great...especially the homemade pumpkin cheesecake! It was soooo good! Even though we had a good time, i don't think we'll try to host one and attend one all in the same day again...it was a little much.
We stayed in Cynthiana Thursday night. Friday we put up Mom and Dad's tree and watched all three Santa Clause movies, Elf, and Love Actually. This is my Dad's favorite day of the Christmas season. Being Santa Clause would truly be his dream job. :)
Patrick and I went out last night while Carter stayed with Nana and Mary. We ate Chinese, which was good, and saw New Moon, which was just ok. I saw Julie and Julia this weekend with Kerry and it was ok, not great, but worth the $1.50 I paid I suppose.
I got some of my Christmas shopping done today. I went to Big Lots and Walmart while Carter was in preschool, then I did some online shopping while he napped. I don't do Black Friday, but I do enjoy Cyber Monday! It is so unlike me to do any of my shopping in November.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Way to count the last day of November as doing your Christmas shopping in November! Sounds about right. :)

Kerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jjshirey said...

Sad thing was, I didn't realize it was the last day of November and I was impressed right along with her! Now, I want to know who deleted what.

Sherry Kenney said...

Ok, it was the last day of November, but I did have a few things before that, too. And K deleted, her comment was there twice.

jjshirey said...

I'm nowhere near DONE, but I did have a few things picked up back in February or March. I must say I was very impressed with myself for that one (and I've had Carter's next b-day present since September) :)