Thursday, December 11, 2008

We've stayed busy this week. On Monday, Carter and I went to the gym, the grocery, and the mall. Tuesday we had pictures made. They turned out nice, though I was skeptical. Carter didn't want to just sit and smile, but I don't know any kid his age who does. We went to Gymboree in the afternoon, and I went to the gym with Kerry that night. Yesterday we went to the gym in the morning, and then Kerry and I went to Cynthiana last night. Mom was hosting the Salem Ladies' Circle, like she does every year at Christmas. It was nice, but we didn't get home until 11. Janette -- we missed you! We were supposed to go to Gymboree this morning, but there was a freezing rain advisory in effect until noon, so we're at home.
I feel like I clean this house all the time (ok, maybe that's an exaggeration), but never really get ahead. Anybody else feel like that? Oh well, I guess in the end it doesn't really matter. I love this poem!
Cleaning and cooking can wait 'til tomorrow,
For babies grow up as we've learned to our sorrow.
So, quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
For I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.


Carter gave Patrick a fist bump yesterday and then said "awesome". Awesome, baby!

2 comments:

jjshirey said...

I was thinking of you ladies last night!

kim_brough said...

I don't have help with the household chores, so YES!! I feel like you that I never get ahead.