It's Friday already! Woohoo! We've had a good week. Monday afternoon we went to the mall. I was looking for a Christmas outfit for Carter. I didn't really find what I wanted, but I did find him a reversible blue/red puffy vest that looks really cute on him. Tuesday we had MOPS in the morning and Carter took nearly a four hour nap in the afternoon. He's never done that before, and he was cranky when he got up, like he had slept too long. We had lunch with Mom and Dad at McDonald's on Wednesday. They brought some cattle to Lexington. Carter was very good and enjoyed getting to sit in the booster seat rather than the high chair for the first time. Thursday morning we went to Gymboree. It was nice to be back because we'd missed the last two weeks. This morning we went to the gym. Carter cried when I left him, but was fine after I left and played well. We went to Cynthiana this afternoon to pick up the boat. Carter got to ride Grandaddy's tractor and also got to control the front-end loader. Maybe he's gotten his "tractor" fix for a little bit. I went in to get him after his nap today and asked if he wanted to go for a ride, and he said "tractor". :)
After realizing we were too far ahead on our grocery budget for this month, I decided not to go to the grocery this week and try to eat what we had. I did buy milk and fruit, but that's it. We've done pretty well. We had plenty of stuff in the freezer to use up anyway. We've had BBQ chicken pizza, BBQ chicken quesadillas, chili and grilled cheese, Schlotzsky's on Wednesday, mushroom and onion pizza, and then steaks tonight. The steaks were from Mom and Dad and they were great! We even had all the stuff to make homemade chocolate chip cookies, so Patrick and I made those one night. They didn't last long. :) I think we can make it through the weekend and go to the grocery next week. Here's a weight watcher tip I've learned -- mix one box of low fat brownie mix with one pureed can of black beans and bake as usual. They are 1pt per serving, according to the WW leader. They are actually really good! They are kind of like chocolate cake, and they are safe for Carter so that's a bonus.
We're getting ready to watch The Office and Grey's Anatomy. How I love the DVR!
1 comment:
1. I often try to play a little "game" with myself to see how long I can wait until I go to the grocery. I end up eating some weird combos sometimes but it works out.
2. Would one like the brownies if she didn't like black beans?
Post a Comment