I spent this morning just laying on the couch. We usually get out and go in the morning, but yesterday I strained my back somehow and it hurt to pick up Carter. I took a hot bath while Carter napped and I was feeling better by this afternoon. Carter did a good job just playing on his own this morning. It's nice that he's at a stage where he can entertain himself for a while.
Kerry cooked dinner for us tonight. We had turkey burgers, so we had a good, healthy meal and I didn't have to cook!
We had a MOPS playdate yesterday morning at Woodland Park. Now that Carter is down to one nap, we can join in on morning events. They plan some events each month for the moms and kids. I'm hoping to get to do more of those this year. I'm finding that the stay-at-home mom thing is easier on days when we don't actually stay at home all day. It helps if we have at least one thing to go do each day.
Carter is starting to understand us more and repeat words more. He'll head for the door now if we say we're going outside.
We're heading to Gatlinburg on Friday to spend time with Patrick's Dad and his family. Should be lots of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment