Thursday, December 10, 2009

We've had a great day at home. We woke up to a little bit of snow and I'm so glad we didn't have to go anywhere today. It was nice to just hang out inside. Carter and I made ornaments this morning. We rolled them out and baked them, but we haven't decorated them yet. He liked helping and cutting out the shapes. He was also drinking hot chocolate, which he loves. No surprise for my kid. :)



Below are some pics I took this morning that I call Exhibits A, B, and C that prove Carter has Patrick's love of having things orderly. He did not get this from me. He likes everything lined up just so.




I noticed he was playing with his nativity set while I was getting breakfast on the table and this is what it looked like when he finished.



This is what it looked like about a minute after I took the first photo. Obliterated.



This is an advent calendar I finished making today. Yes, today. But I really wasn't in a hurry to get it finished on time this year, because I'm sure the concept is a little lost on Carter this year. Next year he'll understand much better. I'm hoping my kids will enjoy this for many years to come. Wish I could say it was my idea, but I got it here.



Carter loved playing with the little boxes before I got this finished. Above you can see that he made beds out of the boxes, which I thought was pretty smart. He said "That's Jesus bed."

Playing Legos with Daddy tonight




Love this picture of him in front of Nana's tree



I made breakfast burritos and apple pie muffins for dinner, served with strawberries and OJ. I wanted to make something Patrick would really enjoy. He has been working NONSTOP the past few days. Right after dinner, he's had to work putting up insulation for the garage ceiling because it's getting drywalled starting tomorrow. First time I had tried making the muffins, and I will definitely make them again.

Su -- here are my signs from today that I'm losing it. I put the leftover muffins in a dish after dinner and then went to put the dish back in the cabinet. I went to put my glue gun away this afternoon and found I'd gone and opened the refrigerator door.


It's been a great day. Now I just wish the house would clean itself......

1 comment:

PK said...

Thanks for the great dinner shuga!