Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We've had a bad cold going around our house. Thankfully, Carter did not catch it, but Patrick and I were both down for several days. We're both still coughing and congested, but feeling better, so here's hoping it is gone soon. Yesterday morning I was coughing in my bed and Carter says from his room "It's ok, It's ok". Such a sweet boy. Also yesterday I asked him if he could play with his trains for a few minutes while I ran upstairs to grab the laundry. I got it, came back down, and was loading the washer when he came in to see me and said "I'm glad to see you back."
Carter can eat eggs again! Woohooooo!!! He had an egg challenge at the allergist's office on Friday and he has outgrown that allergy! This will make life much easier! I have to say I'm proud of myself for having conquered egg-free pancakes, cookies, cupcakes, cakes, muffins, and brownies (and they were all good, too, not just a substitute), but oh how much easier life will be! I helped with the Fall Party at preschool this morning and it did my heart good to see Carter eating the same food AND cookie as everybody else! I'm so happy for him!
I missed the hayride on Saturday with this cold I've had, but everybody assured me Carter had a GREAT time! Apparently he was wound up and loving it.
Here are a few pics at church this morning. In case you can't tell, he is "Goose" from Top Gun. I was supposed to spike his hair this morning (per Kerry's orders) but ran out of time. We won't be able to make the Pumpkin Patch Party this year. We are headed to Kansas City for Jena and Conor's wedding on Saturday! We're leaving in the morning and I think it is a 10 hr drive. I'm so thankful Mom came yesterday and helped me get laundry and cleaning done. Actually, she did the majority while I took care of my errands. It is so much easier to get those done by myself. Patrick had been working on laundry and dishes as much as he could with Carter, but things had gotten behind while we were both sick. THANKS, Mom!!!




3 comments:

Kerry said...

He's so cute. He really does look like your pics as a kid.

Next time spike the kid's hair!

kim_brough said...

Goose you big stuuuuud! Take me to the playground* or loose me forever!

I do love Top Gun. But agree with Kerry on the hair. :)

*words changed to accomodate toddler*

Mollie said...

Love the costume.