Max will be 11 months old next week. How crazy is that? He has four teeth now. The top two popped through the first week of January, but no new ones since then. He's trying more foods here and there, but sometimes he's just not crazy about some of the thicker foods. He loves bath time with brother. He had his first ear infection a couple of weeks ago. This was his first sick visit to the doctor, and Patrick happened to be out of town. That dr office visit was a circus. We waited about 45 minutes in the room and Carter was really good and played on my phone most of the time. Max was fine, as the only reason I knew something was up was a fever that lasted. Anyway, once the dr came in Carter felt the need to push the little dr stool all over the room, Max slipped from the dr and bumped his head on the wall, and then he was chewing on his fingers and gagged himself accidentally to the point of crying.....like I said....circus. The good news is it's all cleared up now. I was lucky to have plenty of help from Mom and Dad and Kerry that week.
Carter is doing well, and seems a lot older lately. Maybe about a month ago now, I saw him draw a picture that really looked like something...kind of like a deer, he told us it was a dinosaur. He knows almost all of his letters by sight, and knows some of the sounds that go with them. His napping is hit or miss lately, but when he doesn't nap he still rests and then goes to bed early so it's not that big of a deal. He was up the other night with what I think was growing pains. He was asking me to rub his knees. He tells me in the middle of the night "somebody hates Valentine's Day". "Who?" "Goliath, from my Bible."
We've been eating pretty well and working out since the beginning of the year. We're doing P90X 3-4 times a week. This was Kerry's idea, but it's helping that we're all doing it together. I'm back under my pre-Carter weight, which is a great feeling! The working out is paying off I suppose (though I know the diet is what actually makes me lose weight), but it sure doesn't leave much time for anything else...one reason why I haven't been blogging. I'm just toooo tired by the time the day is over.
Enjoy the pics!
Kerry and Max at Aunt Pam's party

My Dad and all his siblings (minus Uncle Johnny)

Patrick picking up Aunt Pam

Carter's pancake on Saturday for Valentine's Day (I knew there was no way it would happen before school today)

Bad hair day? Oh well, you are cute enough it doesn't matter!

With his music box

"Look, Mommy, Noah's Ark!"

A favorite snack at our house....chocolate dipped goldfish...yum! If you like salty/sweet you gotta try it!

Kerry and Max at Aunt Pam's party

My Dad and all his siblings (minus Uncle Johnny)

Patrick picking up Aunt Pam

Carter's pancake on Saturday for Valentine's Day (I knew there was no way it would happen before school today)

Bad hair day? Oh well, you are cute enough it doesn't matter!

With his music box

"Look, Mommy, Noah's Ark!"

A favorite snack at our house....chocolate dipped goldfish...yum! If you like salty/sweet you gotta try it!

1 comment:
What do ya'll gotta ruin good things with chocolate??
:-)
Post a Comment