Saturday, June 12, 2010

Catching up...as they come to me...

1. Vacation to Bald Head Island was wonderful! Can't beat a free beach house for the week. You have to take a ferry out to the island and there are no cars there, only golf carts. I drove a golf cart for the first time ever. Beautiful place, one of my favorite vacations.
2. Carter finally likes the pool!
3. Max is (often) sleeping through the night!
4. Carter has grown about two inches but only gained a pound and a half in the last year. The dr says we should butter his food and let him have a few milkshakes. How I wish my dr would tell me that! Max's weight was somewhere around the 50th percentile.
5. Something on vacation made Max SO stuffy. It started as soon as we got there and cleared up a couple days after we got home. We MAY have "Macgyvered" the breast pump to use as suction for him. Gross? Maybe. But we were on an island and you gotta do what you gotta do. It worked.
6. I have about 3 pounds of "Max" weight left and of course some more I'd like to lose. I've gone from the "I'm pregnant" excuse for my not-so-great eating habits to "I just had a baby" to "I'm on vacation". Last week I figured out that a warm chess bar with ice cream on top is gooo-ood.
7. The other day Carter told me "Mommy, you're skinny."AWWWW, made my day. Then he added "You're like Spiderman."
8. I LOVE when Carter will say something like "I love you, Mommy" or "Thank you for my food, Mommy" with no prompting.
9. Carter caught his first fish today. He and Patrick went fishing at Mom and Dad's. He caught two....so he is two ahead of me.
10. Carter has had a great couple of days. He's gotten to go to the pool and plant flowers with Grandma, make pizza with Kerry, play with play-doh, paint, go fishing, spend the night at Mom and Dad's and is going to a cattle show this (Saturday) morning. When we left him at Mom and Dad's he was wearing just his diaper and was getting ready to eat hot dogs for dinner...he's in heaven. I think he would go without clothes all the time if I would let him.
11. Max is smiling a lot and finding his voice. He smiles the most right after he eats. A boy after my own heart. He has the cutest smile.
12. A few people have thought Max was a girl with his "flowing locks". I'm not ready to cut his hair, but there's no way he's making it to his first birthday without a haircut.
13. We got our pics back that Sarah Smith Jarvis took. LOVE them, she's super talented.
14. Saw Sex and the City 2 with Kerry and Mollie Wednesday night. I really liked it, hoping I get to see it again in the theater. I'd like to watch the whole series sometimes, but I don't know when that will happen. I think I'm probably a Charlotte.
15. I need to post pics...I have some on facebook but I'd like to have them here, too.



1 comment:

kim_brough said...

Tell whomever you "borrowed" the beach house from, that I'd love to partake, too!

With the options available, I'd say you're a Charlotte, too, but more in touch with reality. :)